LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block diagram view impossible to get?

Hello,

I'm working under Labview 8.2 and I got this subVi made under Labview 6.0 that i want to convert but I can not access the back view? Is it normal?

Thanks, regards.

Message Edited by ENSTB_Vivien on 04-18-2007 07:55 AM

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,733 Views)
It's normal when the block diagram has been removed. This is an option when doing a save. This is doen to protect the VI from changes or from anyone viewing it. Once the block diagram is gone, it is gone forever and cannot be recovered. Without a block diagram, a VI cannot be recompiled into a newer version of LabVIEW. You will need to find the original, unmodified VI or if the VI was something purchased, get an update from the vendor.
Message 2 of 6
(2,727 Views)

I think your VI is corrupted also.

It opened nearly 15 instances of LV 7.1 when I downloaded to the desktop & tried to open it... ! Smiley Mad

Seems to be a very strabge behaviour !

See the attached screenshot.

- Partha ( CLD until Oct 2024 🙂 )
Message 3 of 6
(2,709 Views)

Partha,

That's just the standard message you get when the VI has no block diagram and doesn't indicate the VI is corrupt.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,706 Views)

Sir Dennis,

If you look at the bottom of the attached screenshot, you can see 5 instances of LV being opened in the Windows Taskbar.

But, I had closed LV after reading this post specifically to see the message it is going to show me as you had mentioned in your post.

So, when I downloaded & opened this VI, LV started up upto 15-16 instances & after seeing & closing the msg boxes again & again, I thought of posting it in the forum, thinking that I'd get a quick reply since you re online. Smiley Wink

Thank you very much, Sir.

Maybe a bizzare condition with my PC, like I ve said in this post.

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&message.id=242373

- Partha ( CLD until Oct 2024 🙂 )
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,702 Views)

I don't see that behavior at all.

p.s. I'm using a much slower pc and with half the RAM for 7.1.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,684 Views)