LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GUITAR

@tbob wrote:

Here is an example to get you started.  I don' t normally do this, but I used DAQ Assistant to make it easier on you.  You will have to double click on the DAQ Assistant and set it up according to your hardware.  The VI will take a reading every 10mS (100Hz rate), plot the reading using a guage, and quit after 30 seconds.  Then output arrays are formed with the data for each channel.  You can modify as needed.  The VI is in LV2009.

Doh!  Too slow.

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 25
(1,176 Views)

@NIquist wrote:

@tbob wrote:

Here is an example to get you started.  I don' t normally do this, but I used DAQ Assistant to make it easier on you.  You will have to double click on the DAQ Assistant and set it up according to your hardware.  The VI will take a reading every 10mS (100Hz rate), plot the reading using a guage, and quit after 30 seconds.  Then output arrays are formed with the data for each channel.  You can modify as needed.  The VI is in LV2009.

Doh!  Too slow.

Well, at least we agree on DAQ Assistant...

- tbob

Inventor of the WORM Global
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 25
(1,171 Views)

Thanks a lot guys...i know now some thing now...and am going to start again....is it possible ot save the .vi in 8.5 mode if you have LV 9..am using labview 8.5 student edition..( didnt get other way..my uty provided..)....

agia nthanks a lot...i will make VI and will post here....

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 25
(1,150 Views)

Here it is in 8.5

- tbob

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 25
(1,124 Views)

wow...thanks a lot tbob...i just needed this...i didnt know it was so simple..i was so lost especially in converting one form to another....could you tell me one more thing...how can i improve the vi inorder to write what all data its recording???

is the ouput contain signals from all the channels..or is there any specific order while spliting the data???

thank you very much...

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 25
(1,107 Views)

if i try to store the data like as given in the attachment..is it possible to write data from all individual channels??

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 25
(1,090 Views)

If you do it that way, only the data from the last loop iteration will get written.  Just build a 2D array with all the outputs and write that to the file.

19571i09DDF9A21D1FDEDC

- tbob

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 25
(1,078 Views)

Please let me know how your experiment turns out.  I'm an avid guitar player, and pretty good at it even if I do say so myself.

- tbob

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 25
(1,076 Views)

thanks a lot mate..there is small correction in that loop...its not 30 its 300...i forgot to tell in previous post...am so happy that guitar players are very much intersted in my project....there a huge support from my uni also..am a drummer, but i chose guitar project as the modified guitar was available....i will run that vi tomorrow and test it....and will tell you how was it :)......

cheers...

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 25
(1,068 Views)

What kind of transducer are you using to pick up the pressure?  Where is it being placed?  What if the player bends the string to curl up to a higher note?  What about fret board taps.  Now its my turn to ask the questions.  Smiley Very Happy

- tbob

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 25
(1,058 Views)