LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GUI using Enum

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, can anyone help me out , in creating the enum inside enum, that helps user to select multiple options linked with one another. For example if a i create a Enum of rating say (1-10) and each rating further have a enum of a price i,e if I select rating 2 in enum then a new enum get open infront of 2 option displaying the option for(price).
Is this possible in labVIEW ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(628 Views)

Hi Tarunakgec,

@Tarunakgec wrote:

Is this possible in labVIEW ?

Yes.

LabVIEW is a full-featured programming language…

@Tarunakgec wrote:

creating the enum inside enum

An enum "inside" another enum?

@Tarunakgec wrote:

For example if a i create a Enum of rating say (1-10) and each rating further have a enum of a price i,e if I select rating 2 in enum then a new enum get open infront of 2 option displaying the option for(price).

You want to present/show (aka "make visible") another control when a certain item in your first enum is selected? Then use the "visible" property of that "another control"…

You want to show certain items in the second enum (or ring?) when the user select an item in the first enum? Then enable/disable the items of the 2nd enum as needed - or define the items of a ring control…

You really need to learn how to write better questions. Learning this part of the job also helps to find (better) solutions faster!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(621 Views)

enums.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(576 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tarunakgec

Sounds like you are looking for a lookup table.  Select the item from the left column: (Oranges, Apples, Grapes or Super, Premium, and Regular) and get the price for that item?

Help the Community (and future reviewers) by marking posts as follows:
If it helped - KUDOS
If it answers the issue - SOLUTION
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(539 Views)

Maybe a Tree control  would work for you.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(503 Views)