From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GUI strange behaviour

Solved!
Go to solution

Dear all,

I am a software developer in a neurosurgical research, and we are looking into a good software package to perform analysis on our biomedical data (16 channels of continuous data for 14 days @ 200Hz)... (btw: is Labview the way to go?)

Therefore, I try to evaluate the latest version of Labview 2012 64 bit, but I'm having a strange issue. After a few seconds playing around with the GUI (adding elements to the VI, or just resizing the windows), it stops responding correctly. It does not show the menus any more (they appear for a split second and than disappear). I have to close the GUI through task manager... This also happens in the Gettings Started window...
I have installed the latest f3 patch, but it doesn't solve anything.

These are my details:

Labview 2012 (Memory Allocated: 57629K, TCP Server Inactive, Version 12.0f3 (64-bit))

Windows 7 Pro SP1 64 bit

CPU: Intel Core i7-3630QM

RAM: 20GB

GPU: NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 4GB with latest NVIDIA drivers

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,337 Views)

Please post your vi.

CLA CTAChampionI'm attending the GLA Summit!
Subscribe to the Test Automation user group: UK Test Automation Group
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,334 Views)

.aCe.  , I cannot even save the vi, because I cannot access the menu... and I think it has nothing to do with the vi, because also the Getting Started is acting weird after a few minutes (for example after searching for updates)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,329 Views)

This is most unusual, sorry to read you are having these difficulties. Are you running anything on this PC that might be interfering with LabVIEW? Anything unusual, perhaps specific to your field of work, that most other PC users would not have? Do you run other applications on there? If so are they ok?

Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,311 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author intrixius

I am running only LV on a pretty normal windows 7 installation. Reboot does not change anything, neither does a GPU driver update/rollback change anything... 

In the mean time I was able to save a simple vi, with only a few items, and I can open it as well, but I cannot work with it for longer than a minute...

UPDATE: While typing this message, I tried to disable some things, and for the moment it seems to be solved by disabling NVIDIA nView Desktop Manager (v 136.53), which I use for my dual screen setup... I will keep you updated if this really solves the problem...

SOLVED: I am now using LV more than 20 minutes without any problem... now I'm going to see if it can fulfill my needs...

Message 5 of 6
(2,300 Views)

(I could not edit the previous post anymore...)

apparently this bug is already known since 2009 : http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/AFD88E4E7C4A69778625778F00563AB4

Message 6 of 6
(2,282 Views)