LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GUI sizing problem after windows (10) display timeout

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a user interface developed in LabVIEW 2017 (32-bit) that is bundled into an exe that runs on Windows 10.  It was previously in labview 2009 and running on windows 7.  I mass compiled and grew the GUI to take advantage of a new/larger monitor.  Now, each time Windows goes to sleep (not sure if that's the right term), i.e. the display goes to screen saver, and I re-enter my login information, the GUI is all distorted.  It's larger than the monitor size, and I have to scroll up/dn/sideways to get to the various controls.  The code used to have some sizing attributes enabled, where edges of certain controls were dependent on the edges of some bordering controls - I inherited this code, and I think that was in there to allow resizing, but it had some unpredictable behavior.  I 'think' I commented all of that behavior out, as it wasn't allowing me to resize/grow the GUI.  Any thoughts on what may be causing this distortion?  

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,319 Views)

That definitely isn't a problem I have heard of before but a before/after screenshot might be helpful.

When you say that you have commented out the resize related code, what do you mean? Think you could get away with deleting it outright?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,281 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author mrbean

Try modifing the compatibility properties in Windows 10 of your builded application

Rigth click over your *.exe -> Properties -> Compatibility tab -> Configuration section

Greetings!!!

Roger Garcia, Certified LabVIEW Developer

HTML tutorial

There are two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Message 3 of 4
(2,256 Views)

So, the problem is 'sort of' resolved.  It works on the test stations that have a standard PC running the software using Windows 10.  I have one station, however, that's running Windows 10 Secure Host Baseline on a National Instruments PXI-8840.  That one still has some issues.  The condition was less severe after I checked the box (in the 'Compatibility' tab) that says "Override high DPI scaling behavior.  Scaling performed by 'Application' ".  The GUI now grows 'slightly' beyond the screen's max size.  It used to stretch far beyond the borders, and the scroll bars were unreachable, so the only remedy was to kill it using the task manager.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,178 Views)