LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GSM modem

Solved!
Go to solution

ur enter key means '\n' at the end of each AT command i send to gsm modem right?

what means for and/or line string?

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 45
(1,694 Views)
carriage return corresponds to the \r code and line feed to the \n code. and/or means that you might have to send either \n, \r\n, or \r as Hyperterminal is configurable to these three options in what to send when you hit the enter key.
Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 45
(1,691 Views)

HI

thank you very much.... i can send out sms through the gsm modem already...

but i still cannot read the message..... i suppose to list out all the message include the unread message.....

however there are only part of the sms are list out as shown......the unread message haven't list out.....

could you please help me again? Thank you

best regard

kelvin

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 45
(1,669 Views)
What did you try to do so far? My guess is that you send some command but either not the right one or do not read the entire string back that is sent by the modem. Without seeing what you have done, I can really just guess blindly and I do feel I have better things to do with my time than trying to explain to you how exactly you have to do it, nor every possible thing you might be doing wrong.
Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 45
(1,665 Views)
im tried to list out the message in the sim card while only part of the sms are listed....1.JPG
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 45
(1,661 Views)
How do you determine how much data to read (the 286 bytes read in your FP)?
Message Edited by rolfk on 03-01-2010 10:49 PM
Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 45
(1,646 Views)

The block diagram is shown as follow, actually i suppose to develop a software to turn on/off led by using sms....

for example, if the gsm received "LED1 0"means LED1 will off and "LED1 1"means LED1 will on....then first at all i need to read out the message receive by gsm first, am i correct? but i have no idea with how to list out the unread message....

1.jpg

1.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 45
(1,629 Views)

For modem communication you do need to be a lot smarter than what you do in those diagrams. The data needs some time to arrive at the serial port of the device, so a fixed delay before determining what amount of data is at the receive buffer is a bad idea. Either you have to make that delay VERY long to make sure that even the longest response is captured completely but that causes unnecessary delays when receiving short responses, or you deploy a smarter solution.

I'm not going to give you the complete solution here, but one recommendation: Use VISA termination mode where you receive line after line of a response and look for characteristic patterns in that stream that indicate an end of response.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 45
(1,614 Views)

I have tried in this vi and the result as shown, could u please tell me what should i do?

thank you....

untitled.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 45
(1,614 Views)

hi

I have no idea with what u means that Use VISA termination mode where you receive line after line of a response and look for characteristic patterns in that stream that indicate an end of response. Could u provide me some example? 

How can I list out the received sms of the gsm modem?

I can't read the message by now.........

best regard

kelvin

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 45
(1,609 Views)