LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPIB communication problem (Keysight 34401A GPIB/keysight IO/Labview 2010/GPIB/NI-488.2/NI-VISA)

Hello everyone,

I use Agilent 82357B GPIB-USB to connect the computer to instruments (Keysight 34401A and Yokogawa GS200) and Labview 2010 and keysight IO software are used (as shown in Fig1). However, when I manage to control the instruments today, I got some problems.

First, the system shows that gpib-32.orig.llb can not be found, as shown in Fig2. I have repaired the NI-488.2 by NI device driver disc, but it still doesn't work.

Secondly,  it shows GPIB read in Yokogawa error. (Fig3) And the Yoko also shows the error on it as fig4.

With the first problem, I checked NI-MAX to see the software of NI-488.2 and NI-VISA. The 488.2 looks fine as fig5, but there is some notice of NI-VISA as shown in fig6. Then, I have already re-install the NI device driver to repair NI-488.2 and NI-VISA. However, it still doesn't work, and shows the same error. Could someone reply me if you met the same situation before?

PS. I set keysight IO as "secondary", and "enable Keysight GPIB cards for 488 programs". Also, I have enable the "NiVisaTulip.dll" in NI-VISA by the steps (Tools » NI-VISA » VISA Options » Passports » enable the NiVisaTulip.dll) in NI-MAX.

Sincerely yours,

Yen-Po

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,736 Views)

Have you tried only connecting a single instrument at a time and checking your communication results?

Help the Community (and future reviewers) by marking posts as follows:
If it helped - KUDOS
If it answers the issue - SOLUTION
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,733 Views)

I tried, but the error remain the same as "Error 0 occured at  GPIB read in Yoko_read.vi.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,672 Views)

Hi Yen-Po,

Sad to see you're still struggling with this.  At this point all your problems are related to GPIB.  So why not try an RS232 cable (straight thru) and work on developing your program?

Then work on solving the Keysight GPIB issues separately later. Or do you need GPIB for some instrument?

Craig

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,653 Views)