LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WTH happened to NI, LabView 2016 64 bit and 32 bit in Windows 10?

Sorry to complain, but this has been the WORST experience with NI Products in 20 years! Neither LV 2016 or TestStand 2016 64-bit works in Windows 10 64 bit! So many crashes, incompatibilities, drivers not loading/seeing instruments, multiple installs & re-installs required to even get many drivers to load, then they don't even work! After over a month of fighting with it, a "compatibility" notice finally comes out in Dec 2017 (LV2016 64 bit had been out for how long?)! Changed to 2016 32-bit versions, and only slightly better! Sorting through so many version of NI-Max, and other drivers to get a complete set of compatible pieces has added another month, and some are still not working (NI USB-5680-01 intermittent, shows up in Max, but Front Panel doesn't sow in Max and doesn't see and sensors). I'm assuming Win10 64 bit COM & NI issues/incompatibilities.

Then IVI drivers are unsupported in TestStand 64 bit and NO IVI RF drivers in any 32-bit or 64-bit (NO Custom Steps and no software groups)! IVI Compatibility packages don't seem to work either.

And the complete concept change for RF (AWR) and a separate purchase of a new tool (after we bought "ALL Inclusive" licenses), many NI instruments don't come up and find/load their drivers. I had to manually search for 5 different NI RF instrument drivers, and one of my non-NI instruments only has an IVI driver.

I'm not sure if upgrading to 2017 will help, but I certainly don't have another month to try it and troubleshoot/work through all those issues and not have it work!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,616 Views)

Hi lmoseley,

I am sorry to hear that you have been having so much trouble with out software. If you are having continued issues and have and SSP contract, please feel free to make a service request regarding a specific issue and we would be happy to help you.

Is there something specific that I can help you with here?

-Mitchell | NI

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,552 Views)

Hi Mitchell,

Yes, we have many SSP contracts here. I'm working with our SE and others, but to no avail yet, other than kludging things together piece-by-piece. I've emailed them with questions and I'll send screens and submit Service Requests soon, as this is just painful and should not be (hasn't been this bad in the past)!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,545 Views)

Hi lmoseley,

Please feel free to create a service request with us! We would be happy to help in any way possible.

When you do make an SR. Please try to be as detailed as possible. The more information we have, the quicker we can get to a solution.

-Mitchell | NI

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,518 Views)

I'm working with my local Sales Engineer and Field Engineer, to find a solution. I'll probably submit a SSR ticket to document the issues when I have more time and get past this hurdle.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,471 Views)