LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPIB-USB

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a NI GPIB-USB-B cable that worked fine until our IT dept upgraded our lab computer from Windows 7 to 10. Now the computer does not recognize the device when plugged in. It is used in conjunction with a Keithley 2400-C device. Any ideas? Can the cable be repaired?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,660 Views)

You  did not give much info for helping you. My first thought is that you did not reinstall all of the drivers that you need for this equipment. Did you do a full install of everything?

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,644 Views)

Yes, Labview and all drivers were reinstalled and working.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,636 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Pat60

Did you install both NI-VISA and NI-488.2 along with LabVIEW?

Also it's possible the USB-GPIB-is no longer supported. (I don't see the "B" listed in NI-488.2 compatible devices)

That happened to all of our NI USB-GPIB-A devices in the early 2000's, and we had to buy all new USB-GPIB-HS devices.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
Message 4 of 7
(2,626 Views)

Do you have reason to believe that the cable was damaged? Is there visible damage to the cable?

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,617 Views)

@Pat60 wrote:

Yes, Labview and all drivers were reinstalled and working.

What NI-488.2 version did you install? Here (http://www.ni.com/product-documentation/5458/en/ ) is a table of all N-488.2 versions with the Device/Modules supported by each version. Looks like the lastest for GPIB-USB-B compatibility is v17.6

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,593 Views)

@Pat60 wrote:

worked fine until our IT dept upgraded our lab computer from Windows 7 to 10. 

This is also a good reason to not let IT departments force OS upgrades just for the sake of an OS upgrade.

Tell them not to fix something that is not broken.

We still have computers running Windows XP in our engineering lab because of older instruments.  

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,566 Views)