cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPIB PROBLEM

HELLO

I have saveral questions that i doubted on

1. i have oscilloscope TDS3012C, can it be connected through labview

2. does the oscilloscope communicate to the pc using the GPIB?

3. I'm planning to use GPIB-USB-A to communicate from oscilloscope to pc. but i lost the driver. Can i know which drivers needed?

4. can all of these instrument in windows 8?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 66
(3,681 Views)

The old GPIB-USB A will likely not work with any development environment in Windows 8  Consider updating.

The TDS3012 base model comes with ethernet.  the options permit GPIB and RS-232 control

Ethernet, GPIB and RS-232 are all supported by VISA and LabVIEW uses VISA (and its components and associates) to communicate with external devices.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 2 of 66
(3,673 Views)

Sorry sir.

That means if i want to communicate TDS6012C to my pc not using GPIB but by using ethernet cable?

correct me if i;m wrong

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 66
(3,663 Views)

Ethernet is a good instruementation bus.  It doesn't cost nearly as much as GPIB (need GPIB card, GPIB cables, both of which are kind of expensive).  If you use the VISA API, there is no real change to your code if you do switch between GPIB and Ethernet.  So I would use that.  Of course, I'm saying this without knowning anything about your system.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 4 of 66
(3,646 Views)

Hello sir. 

can i have your email for futher intouch.

i really need your help

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 66
(3,641 Views)
The 3012 has a LabVIEW instrument driver available. Install it by using Help> Find Instrument Drivers. Learn what a driver is by looking at http://www.ni.com/downloads/instrument-drivers/.
Help> Find Examples will have at least one example VI for your scope.

The low level hardware driver you need is NI-VISA. You would also need NI-GPIB of you go that route and if the USB-GPIB-A is even supported. You would also need a version of LabVIEW that is compatible with Windows 8.
Message 6 of 66
(3,636 Views)

You saying that USB-GPIB-A support for windows 8?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 66
(3,630 Views)

No, the USB GPIB A is not going to work.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/45E716170A06512986257A230066BB8D?OpenDocument

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 8 of 66
(3,627 Views)
Do you mind if i ask? How to connect my TD3012 to my laptop?
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 66
(3,614 Views)

@nizam2 wrote:
Do you mind if i ask? How to connect my TD3012 to my laptop?

We are recommending an Ethernet cable

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 10 of 66
(3,609 Views)