LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPIB Clear in SR245 error

Solved!
Go to solution

I am trying to communicate with a boxcar (SR245 interface) using GPIB-USB-HS. I keep getting error 7 saying 'GPIB Clear in SR245 LL Initialize.vi' which is one of the sub VIs I am using. And I am not sure how to fix the problem.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,544 Views)

@Nuri312 wrote:

I am trying to communicate with a boxcar (SR245 interface) using GPIB-USB-HS. I keep getting error 7 saying 'GPIB Clear in SR245 LL Initialize.vi' which is one of the sub VIs I am using. And I am not sure how to fix the problem.

No clue what a boxcar is.

No clue what SR245 interface is.

GPIB is IEEE488 interface

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,525 Views)

If you look in NI-Max what address is listed for your USB-GPIB adaptor?  Is it GPIB0?  Or maybe GPIB 1,2,3,etc..?  Is the box car integrator address set to 25?  Have you used debugging to see what values are being passed to the CLR vi?  Its a pretty simple VI, so you must have a bigger issue with how you have set things up. 

Did this program run before?  Who wrote it?  What platform?  What version of OS/LabVIEW was it written on and what are you running now?  Updated the NI-GPIB drivers to match the version of LabVIEW?

More details required.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,517 Views)

Thank you for your feedback. It is GPIB1. the box car integrator address is set to 28. One of the  former students wrote the program. I think it was written on Labview 6. I am using Labview 2014 SP1.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,491 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nuri312

The VIs you posted all show addresses of GPIB0::28::INSTR by default.  Have you changed these to reflect that its GPIB1::28::INSTR?   

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,484 Views)

You are right. That was the problem. I had to make sure it was GPIB1::28::INSTR.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,476 Views)