LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frequency of Blinking for LED in LV

Dear All,

We are using the blinking property of the LED and the text in our project, now whenever this propery gets the true, it always blinks on one frequency, but we want the different frequencies to blink, is there any option to do so? the blink always have the color yellow, is there any other options to change the color property of that?

Thanks,
Nishant
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 23
(8,567 Views)
Hi Nishant,
                 Just go to Tools>>Options>>Colors and uncheck the Use Default colors. Now you can change colors of your interest.To change the blinking frequency go to Tools>>Options>>Front Panel. And Change blinking speed.

Message 2 of 23
(8,549 Views)

Thanks Vikas,

But this will be the constant for all the blinking LEDs and Texts, we want different for each condition, is it possible?

Thanks,

Rujuta

Message 3 of 23
(8,546 Views)

Hi Rujuta,

I don't think that it is possible.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 23
(8,541 Views)

Hi

Vikas is right - it is not possible, to define several blink intervals, texts, colors and so on.

The only thing you can do, is to code something on your own.

Thomas

Using LV8.0
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't be afraid to rate a good answer... 😉
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 5 of 23
(8,532 Views)
The blinking color and speed are constant for the entire program, but you can write code which will perform the blinking for you by changing the color properties of the control. You can use references to move this into a subVI, but that will require some additional logic in order to work properly.

(8,531 Views)
Yes it would be nice if NI moved the blink speed to a local variable stored in the instance of each boolean so we could use a simple property node to alter this.  Here is a simple example of flashing multiple leds at different rates using a property node and a single reenterant vi.

Paul Falkenstein
Coleman Technologies Inc.
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
Labview 4.0- 2013, RT, Vision, FPGA
Message 7 of 23
(8,517 Views)

Paul, you should remember that this should not be only for booleans, as other controls can also be blinked.

Also, you should note that changing the value is only legitimate when the LED is used only for display. If it's a real variable, you need to work on its Colors[] property and write a polymorphic VI which will support this for other controls (using the BGColor property). Personally, I think it would be coolest if we wrote a VI that would dynamically call a VIT which would control this seperately. This way, the VIs could be integrated into the code just like regular property node. The problem with that is that there will be a need for some sort of repository for holding the references to which controls we already opened the link to. Also, we would need to check on changing values wired into the "property VI" (like Blinking, Speed and Color). That sounds like a nice project. Maybe when I have some time.

Obviously, the best solution is having the built in property node support this properly.

I know this was a simple example using LEDs as an indicator only, purely for demonstrating the GUI effect.  A true blink would involve the modulating of the indicators colors, I didnt have the time to do this, you could take a reference to a gObject (downcast the reference) and modulate the background color.  This would be a more generic approach.

Paul

Paul Falkenstein
Coleman Technologies Inc.
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
Labview 4.0- 2013, RT, Vision, FPGA
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 23
(8,487 Views)
There is no truly generic approach, since there isn't a single BGColor property common to all controls.
The decision on whether to use casting or a polymorphic VI is probably a matter of style in this one and I haven't given it any thought yet.

BTW, I like the icon on that example.

(8,474 Views)