From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freaky

There have been a few times I wanted to do this; but I could never figure out how...  until now,

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
Message 1 of 10
(1,152 Views)

Hi Paul,

This is interesting, what is going on in here? How did you do it?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(1,137 Views)

I understand what is happening, but I don't understand how to get there - or how to undo it.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(1,103 Views)

Hi Paul,

I guess you played around with LVScripting to convert/embed a string constant ("Hi there!") into a wire anyhow?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(1,101 Views)

My tool which automatically fixes many forms of VI corruption gave me this, and then I took it up a level.

freaky.png

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(1,095 Views)

@Darin.K wrote:

My tool which automatically fixes many forms of VI corruption gave me this, and then I took it up a level.

freaky.png

Fun note:  If you get this far and reveal the hidden control, then delete it... if you press "undo", it'll stutter LabVIEW for a few seconds then hard crash, losing any other work you might have open...

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(1,076 Views)

@XM43 wrote:

Hi Paul,

I turned off bit 6 in the Basic Object Flags of the block diagram terminal and it became invisible.

Message 7 of 10
(1,056 Views)

@Kyle97330 wrote:

@Darin.K wrote:

freaky.png

Fun note:  If you get this far and reveal the hidden control, then delete it... if you press "undo", it'll stutter LabVIEW for a few seconds then hard crash, losing any other work you might have open...

Autosave, a twitchy ctrl-S finger, and multiple backups/day save me many heartaches.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(1,052 Views)

@paul_cardinale wrote:

@XM43 wrote:

Hi Paul,

I turned off bit 6 in the Basic Object Flags of the block diagram terminal and it became invisible.

By any chance did you come across this while trying to figure out a way to lock block diagram objects, as you posted in another thread today?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(1,037 Views)

@Kyle97330 wrote:

@paul_cardinale wrote:

@XM43 wrote:

Hi Paul,

By any chance did you come across this while trying to figure out a way to lock block diagram objects, as you posted in another thread today?

Yup.  But I never found a way to lock them.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(1,014 Views)