LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Test

It appears to post now, and shows up in the list of questions, but click on it and I get:

Screen Shot 2016-09-21 at 4.23.45 PM.png

Not to worry, though - they've got a team on it... 😉

Steve Bird
Culverson Software - Elegant software that is a pleasure to use.
Culverson.com

Blog for (mostly LabVIEW) programmers: Tips And Tricks

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(1,004 Views)

@RTSLVU wrote:

You are only scratching the surface of what is wrong with the new board layout.

You can say that again.  So many things about the new layout drives me nuts.  I considered posting a rant here, but decided against it.  The short version of the rant would basically be "please bring the old board back. I hate this" which would just make me sound like a grumpy old man...

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(990 Views)

I posted the question here in pieces. No spam words changed from my original.  Maybe it was too big?

HINT to NI: if a post is too big, then telling the user that it's too big would be helpful.

Steve Bird
Culverson.com

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(986 Views)

would just make me sound like a grumpy old man

Well, I don't mind sounding like a grumpy old man, mostly because I'm a grumpy old man.

Problems with mishandling of a simple BOOLEAN value, and problems with forums contribute to both...

Steve Bird
Culverson.com

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(984 Views)

Steve,

It appears your posts were flagged by the automatic spam system and ended up in quarantine.

I don't see anything immediately wrong with your post, except a lot of span tags. It's possible there was some other HTML in there that was stripped out. Unfortunately, we do not have insight into the exact cause of why content ends up in quarantine.

More information on our spam system can be found here: Spam Management on the Forums

Also, this has nothing to do with the new design. This is a backend system that has been in place for a while now.

Sorry for the inconvenience. We'll take a look at tweaking the settings so that established users aren't so easily caught by the system.

Thanks.

~~~~~~~~~
Message 15 of 16
(942 Views)

@LiliMcDonald wrote:

Steve,

It appears your posts were flagged by the automatic spam system and ended up in quarantine.

Well, thanks for the report.  Not sure what looked like spam, but it's a new wrinkle on me...
HOWEVER
It would be more polite to announce to me that it has been quarantined, rather that "An error has occurred". It never once told me anything about any spam filter. As a matter of fact it kept suggesting that I try again in a few minutes.

@LiliMcDonald wrote:

I don't see anything immediately wrong with your post, except a lot of span tags. It's possible there was some other HTML in there that was stripped out. Unfortunately, we do not have insight into the exact cause of why content ends up in quarantine.

I didn't deliberately put ANY span tags in there.  When the first attempt (using rich text) failed, I went back, switched to HTML view, selected ALL, and copied to my clipboard, just to save the contents.  If there are excess span tags in there then they were put in by the HTML editor.
When I posted in pieces, all went well until the LAST piece, where, UNBEKNOWNST TO ME, it simply failed with no complaint.  It showed ME the last post normally, but I didn't know it wasn't really there until I refreshed the page some time later.

Steve Bird
Culverson.com

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(929 Views)