From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formula node problem

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi NI community

I'm currently working on a VI where I run mainly calculations. I use the formula noda structure which I have a little experience with. I did insert some quiet easy formulas, but when I run the VI something happens which I don't understand. Here's the Formula Node:

LabVIEWproblem1.jpg

This is the problem:

consider the first iteration and don't spend attention to H1,H3 and H4.

In the first iteration my input values are V201 = 0 and pw = 4. So H2 should be calculated to be = 0 (this also happens when I run the VI in highlight execution).

If H2 = 0 also Q1 should be = 0 (also this happens when I run the VI in hightlight execution).

In the next step occurs the problem when I want to calculate VRw2. It should take VRw1 (which is 0 the first iteration) and add it with 0.25 times Q1. Because Q1=0 this should give VRw2 = 0. Instead of that it calculates somehow that VRw2 = 25. For some reason it sees Q1 as 100 instead of 0. In the next iterations it always adds +25 to VRw2.

Has someone an explanation how this can happen and how I can fix this?

I will add the VI (LV13) as attachment so you can try some things out if you want.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,525 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author RutsT

When in doubt, read the help...Formula Node.  There is a special note in there.

Note  The Formula Node accepts only the period (.) as a decimal separator. The node does not recognize localized decimal separators.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 3
(2,516 Views)

I already thought it would be something small like that, but couldn't find it out. Thank you Crossrulz.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,503 Views)