cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formula node problem

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi NI community

I'm currently working on a VI where I run mainly calculations. I use the formula noda structure which I have a little experience with. I did insert some quiet easy formulas, but when I run the VI something happens which I don't understand. Here's the Formula Node:

LabVIEWproblem1.jpg

This is the problem:

consider the first iteration and don't spend attention to H1,H3 and H4.

In the first iteration my input values are V201 = 0 and pw = 4. So H2 should be calculated to be = 0 (this also happens when I run the VI in highlight execution).

If H2 = 0 also Q1 should be = 0 (also this happens when I run the VI in hightlight execution).

In the next step occurs the problem when I want to calculate VRw2. It should take VRw1 (which is 0 the first iteration) and add it with 0.25 times Q1. Because Q1=0 this should give VRw2 = 0. Instead of that it calculates somehow that VRw2 = 25. For some reason it sees Q1 as 100 instead of 0. In the next iterations it always adds +25 to VRw2.

Has someone an explanation how this can happen and how I can fix this?

I will add the VI (LV13) as attachment so you can try some things out if you want.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,512 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author RutsT

When in doubt, read the help...Formula Node.  There is a special note in there.

Note  The Formula Node accepts only the period (.) as a decimal separator. The node does not recognize localized decimal separators.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 3
(2,503 Views)

I already thought it would be something small like that, but couldn't find it out. Thank you Crossrulz.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,490 Views)