From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formula Express VI

Solved!
Go to solution

I entered a formula with several variables with no problems (all green) but how do I define the variables outside of the Formula Express VI, since it has no inputs to wire up, other than the error in node. I tried using indicators and naming them same as my labels but that doesn't work and I can't find any examples. Thanks for any help someone may provide.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,840 Views)

You would need to attach your VI for us to debug.  But it is sounding like you didn't name things correctly.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,831 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author KeithAHurley

I have never use the "express" version before, but looks like you can have only have a single line of computation.

Frozen_2-1580761058403.png

---------------------------------------------
Certified LabVIEW Developer (CLD)
There are two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,809 Views)

Thank you. I was able to fix the issue. The problem was that in the Express VI formula box I had: "Kxx= f(x1,x2,x3,...)" just like I have done with a formula node (which I am not using since my data is dynamic data). Anyway, when I replaced that with either "= f(x1,x2,x3,...)" or simply        

"f(x1,x2,x3,...)" then it worked fine and the Express VI icon was then populated with the inputs which were not there before removing the "Kxx" or "Kxx=". However, in all three cases the formula showed up as a valid formula, indicated buy the green box. Kxx was defined as a variable in all cases.

Thanks for you help and prompt response,

Keith

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,777 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,719 Views)