From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formatting Gauge Indicator NXG Web Module

Solved!
Go to solution

I am trying to find the documentation to customize the gauge indicator from the NXG Web Module. In all the examples that I have found, there is information about almost every other control and indicator, but not for this one. I have tried to use these examples to customize the gauge but it seems that it doesn't work for this indicator.

What I'm trying to do is set the gauges' track labels color to green, the fill color to yellow, and also the needle's color to red.

I am using the next css code to customize the gauge, I use the same one for a tank indicator so you can see that the formatting works for it, but not for the gauges. Also, I share the image of how these indicators look.

Capture 1.PNG

Capture 2.PNG

Do you know any way to change these attributes from this indicator?

Thanks in advance,
Diego Grajales

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,539 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Didash

I was finally able to change the indicator as I wished. It was a lot more complicated than I expected. I had to view the internal css code generated for the webVI and then search for the parameters I was looking for. It seems that if you really want to change the appearance from a control or an indicator you need to view the code generated for the panel.

So if you wish to change the appearance from the gauge as I wanted to, here is how my css code and front panel ended looking like:  

Capture 1.PNG

Capture 2.PNG

Hope that you find this useful.

Best regards,

Diego Grajales

Message 2 of 6
(2,522 Views)

Great tip, I also ran into this issue.  Kudos

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,156 Views)

For future readers, since this wasn't immediately obvious to me, the CSS properties are in a CSS sheet generated by LabVIEW when a web application is built.  The properties are NOT in the HTML file for the webvi.

For me, the CSS sheet was at:

MyProject\Builds\Application_Web Server\ni-webvi-resource-v0\Web\dist\Styles\niBase.DeployedRun.min.css

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,152 Views)

Another option is to create a separate CSS file to place your customizations. It makes it easier to reuse in other projects and is easier to maintain than editing the large CSS file generated for the WebVI.

The topic Accessing Resource Files from a WebVI describes how to include a CSS file in a WebVI.

Milan
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,143 Views)

yep, understood, NI has documented that pretty well in their shipping examples.

I definitely wish there was better documentation on the CSS customization property names.  That's really what this forum topic is about.

To my knowledge, this page here documents all of the known and semi-supported CSS properties:

https://github.com/ni/webvi-examples/tree/master/Guides/CSS

However, as we've pointed out, it's possible to find pseudo-hidden properties by looking through the hidden LabVIEW CSS sheet

Message 6 of 6
(2,138 Views)