LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Format multicolumn listbox cells

I'm using a multicolumn listbox to display information. My problem is trying to format text properties for the cells, i.e. justification, style, font size. I know you can manually set them but I need to set them programmatically because although the number of columns is constant, the number of rows can vary greatly. I don't even see a way to accomplish this using the Active Cell property and set the values individually. I even tried reading the info in first to a formatted array before loading them into the listbox using ItemNames. Has anybody ever accomplished what I'm trying to do? If not, I sure hope this becomes a feature in the future. I'm using LV 7.1.
Thanks,
Teri
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,663 Views)
I do not know how to do this in 7 but in 8.20 it is a standard feature now.

Joe.
"NOTHING IS EVER EASY"
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,659 Views)
AHHHGGG!! I knew it! I'm trying to stay away from upgrading for as long as possible because of the new restrictions in 8.x. I work on multiple projects on multiple computers and need to have the full version loaded until I'm ready to ship at which time it is removed and just the executable and run-time engine are included. From what I understand, 8.x only allows so many installs. None of my customers want or need a full version of Labview and they will not pay for it. If you know something different, please let me know. Thanks for your reply.
Teri
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,656 Views)
I think you are mistaken about the liscensing. in 7.0 and 7.1 you can only legally have it installed on one(1) computer at a time. They have loosened this up with 8 and up now you can have it installed on up to three(3) computers but only one can be in use at any given time. You need to read your liscensing agreement before you get in trouble by the ni police.

Joe.
"NOTHING IS EVER EASY"
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,652 Views)
I haven't really had to work on more than one project at a time for awhile now...business is slow (I'm in Michigan). Looks like I may have to make the move anyways because I ran into a new problem...7.1 does not work with Windows Media Player 9 or higher, only vers. 8 which cannot be found anymore! I have to display real-time video on my front panel. I'm still checking around to see if RealPlayer or something else will work. I'm wrapping up the project and hate to do upgrades this late in the game. Plus my customer has 7.1 and they may make changes. Thanks again for your input.
Teri
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,624 Views)