LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Font behavior issue

Hi folks:

Please see the attached VI.  I am trying to mix symbol font with application font programmatically within a single string and am having problems in that symbol font seems to want to take over for the entire string. I would appreciate if someone could look at this and please advise.

Thanks,

Don 
Message 1 of 7
(2,949 Views)
It seems that you already have it set up correctly.  I highlighted the delta and it was in symbol font and then I selected the rest of the string and it was in application font (X (%))

I am using LV 8.0

Kenny
Kenny

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,932 Views)

Right, so any clue as to why we are seeing this behavior?

Sincerely,

Don

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,924 Views)
ps. I am on LV7.1 right now and did not try on LV8 but you seem to have verified the same behavior on the latter platform......Don
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,917 Views)
There is an example shipped with LV called String Property nodes.vi that supposedly shows you how to highlight portions of the text (and edit portions of the text)

It did not seem to work correctly for me.  I tried in LV 8 and 7.1

But, if you can get it to work, you should be able to select your delta, and change the font of that using the property node, and then select the rest of the caption and change that to the other font. 

I wqill keep playing with it when i get some more time and will let you know if I come up with anything.

Kenny
Kenny

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,899 Views)

Here you go, finally got it.

Kenny

Kenny

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,892 Views)

Ok, this worked.  Will add these property nodes to my code. 

I saved with some default values in case someone wants to test. 

Thanks for looking at this.

Sincerely,

Don

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,883 Views)