LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flowmeter Setup to DAQ Assistant

Im trying to acquire data from Omega Flowmeter FLR D Series, but havent been succesful in the setup through Labview, any help would be appreciated.

SIncerely,

Anton Gomez

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,558 Views)

It says it has Analog outputs.

Do you see voltage (or current) on these analog outputs with a regular multimeter?

What are you using as Analog inputs on PC?

How did you configure acquisition hardware? You can post your test VI here, data and errors it gives you.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,532 Views)

Thanks for your response.

The flowmeter has 4 possible wiring schematics. The power  supplies 22VDC to the flow meter. In my understanding this should output 0-5 V. I'm not receiving that. 

For the hardware I have available DAQ assistants NI 9203 or NI 9205. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,527 Views)

So what is not working?

Sensor does not output data? Do you have multimeter to check?

9203 measures current, 9205 measures voltage, they are connected differently. If you connect AA battery to 9205, will you get 1.5 V? 

If I was not sure in all parts: sensor, connections, communication with DAQ board, I would check them one by one.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,506 Views)

Sensor outputs voltage signal but not in the range of 0-5V. Do I have to scale the output voltage?

For example for lower flow rates it measures mV and higher flow rate 1 V. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,502 Views)

It is always good when signal uses full scale. You specify ADC range (internal amplifier) when you configure acquisition, you can set +/- 1 V range. Theoretically you can switch it - stop acquisition, change scale, start acquisition if you get out of range.

Though +/-5 V range, 16 bit resolution = 0.15 mV on one bit, you need to have really good wiring, isolation, temperature control, etc to start caring about precision loss due to resolution. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,482 Views)

For better visualization I achieved a flow rate of ~4.5 GPM in both flow meters. Voltage reading from labview is ~1.9 V. As seen in figures. 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(4,475 Views)

@gomezanton wrote:

For better visualization I achieved a flow rate of ~4.5 GPM in both flow meters. Voltage reading from labview is ~1.9 V. As seen in figures. 

You should specify what is the range of your flow meter. For example, if your FM has a range of 0-50 GPM, 0-5 VDC output, then a 2.5 Volts reading means 25 GPM. This applies if the manufacturer used a linear scaling (most usual approach).

By the way, you do not need to make a photo with your mobile, you can create screenshots from any OS: http://www.howtogeek.com/226280/how-to-take-screenshots-in-windows-10/

But the best if you share your actual VI, so we can check the settings are OK in your code...

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(4,458 Views)