From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Floating numerical display of 1D waveform Y data

Is there a simple way to take the Y data from each 1D array of Waveform data and display it to a floating numeric display on the front panel

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(2,707 Views)

yes there is

get-y-component-from-waveform.png

If Tetris has taught me anything, it's errors pile up and accomplishments disappear.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(2,705 Views)

Yes, you can use the 'Get Waveform Components' function to extract the Y data. This will give you an array of doubles. You can then use an Index Array function to look at individual points and view them on your front panel.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(2,702 Views)

I want each display to be floating while the vi is running.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(2,698 Views)

Do you mean you want the graph to be floating?  Like "independent of any containing window" kind of floating?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(2,696 Views)

No, just have a numeric display for each Y data in the Waveform array. Then those numeric displays would be user movable. This would be independent of the graph.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(2,692 Views)

there is no simple way to let the user move controls/indicators at runtime.

you could do that programmatically, but it is more involved.

If Tetris has taught me anything, it's errors pile up and accomplishments disappear.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(2,687 Views)

Hi bassinbc,

just have a numeric display for each Y data in the Waveform array.

This has been shown above in the snippets.

Then those numeric displays would be user movable.

This is a completely different problem: let the user move an indicator on the frontpanel!

You can use the event structure to track mouse moves, mouse clicks, and context menu actions of your user. Use all that information to change the position of the indicator on the panel/pane (using its properties)…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(2,683 Views)

I know how to get the Y-Data. The second problem as you called it has been a problem. I found this UI Panel example sometime back and I will dig into how to use this. Just more complicated than I wanted.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(2,668 Views)

@GerdW wrote:

Hi bassinbc,

just have a numeric display for each Y data in the Waveform array.

This has been shown above in the snippets.

Then those numeric displays would be user movable.

This is a completely different problem: let the user move an indicator on the frontpanel!

You can use the event structure to track mouse moves, mouse clicks, and context menu actions of your user. Use all that information to change the position of the indicator on the panel/pane (using its properties)…

To be fair, I think that is what the OP meant by "floating" in the subject line.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(2,638 Views)