From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First LabView program for application

Hello, 

I am very new with LabView and am trying to create my first program for my application. I have created a flowchart to make it easier for me to know what my program will need as well as made a list of the inputs and outputs for my application. However, I am unsure how to go from there. Are there any tips or advice on how to start building the program after completing a flowchart?

I do not have any hardware and I'm hoping to use a simulated device for my application but I can't seem to find many examples of code that just use simulated devices. 

I'd appreciate any help!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,212 Views)

Hi, 

What kind of application you want to develop?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,186 Views)

Hello,

I am a senior mechanical engineering student and my application is for my senior design project. I don't have the ability to disclose all the information but the application is a particle plugging apparatus that will measure the differential pressure of the drilling fluid flow as it moves through the test cell to determine if it is plugging.  

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,164 Views)

Hi,

Maybe you can try to explore some basic LabView function from below link:

http://www.ni.com/getting-started/labview-basics/

From there, maybe you have idea how to start develop your application by LV.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,142 Views)

Hello,

Thank you, I appreciate your help! I will check it out.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,132 Views)