From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find an audio signal in a signal

Hi,

im planning to build a project which have a referenced recorded signal.

i have a unit that produce an audio tone , this tone will be sampled and compared to the refernced signal.

i need to develop a code that finds if the sampled tone includes/similar to the referenced signal.

negelect the HW which is required, any idea how to start it ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,209 Views)

Use a Fast Fourier Transform (FFT).  Take a FFT of your reference signal and then compare the FFT of your input signal to that.  It would be best to make the sampling rate and duration the same for both signals.

This is all I got unless you provide a little more detail on what you are trying to do.

Randall Pursley
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,177 Views)

Agree with other comment.  Just do an FFT and see if the frequency component of the tone is there.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,164 Views)

If your tone is not continuous then try a short time Fourier transform or use a cross correlation in the time domain to find the time of your signal.

mcduff

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,148 Views)