From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EtherCAT master not listed in RT

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, I have tried multiple disk formats, installing and re-installing the software on my cRIO-9067 but unable to detect my AKD EtherCAT master. Basically after adding my master controller(cRIO-9067) I right click on it again to add Targets and Devices but do n ot find the EtherCAT Master listed under it. I am also able to Connect to the controller without any errors or warning. Attached are screenshots of the settings from MAX and the sample project. I have looked through many similar forum topics but none seems to resolve the issue. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks HP

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,240 Views)

Did you save the EtherCAT setting in network setting.PNG? There is a save button in MAX and you need to restart the target after hitting the save button.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,200 Views)

Hi Yin_W,

Yes I did. Also this is the first time I am setting up something like this so I don't have previous experience to draw from. I am referring to AKD and EtherCAT setup manuals and videos online. But no luck so far.

HP 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,184 Views)

Hi HayagreevKT,

Can you discover the 9067 chassis without the NI-EtherCAT?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,153 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author HayagreevKT

Hi,

I was able to resolve this. It was an installation order issue. The cRIO and LV RT drivers are prerequisites for EtherCAT. I had downgraded cRIO from 18.0 to 17.0 after installing EtherCAT which would have caused this issue. After I force installed the EtherCAT 17.0 driver again the EtherCAT master showed up.

NI Industrial Communication for EtherCAT 17.0 Readme: http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/374786g.html

HP

Message 5 of 5
(3,147 Views)