cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filtering

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I want to smooth the Waveform graph. I would like to have just two main peaks. Apart from that, all the minor fluctuations should be smoothed. Does anybody have any idea? I would really appreciate it. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,373 Views)

Hi Michel,

apply a simple formula on your intensity values to "smoothen" them:

intensity = MAX(intensity, 32)
Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,359 Views)

Hi GerdW,

thanks for the reply. But when I increase current, light intensity changes and main peak diminishes. So light intensity values are not constant. Do you have any idea how to smoothen graph according to position so that in every increasement of current the graph stays smooth. I send snapshot of graphs in different curent values. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,291 Views)
Solution
Accepted by michelsteffenss

Hi Michel,

But when I increase current, light intensity changes and main peak diminishes.

How do you distinguish "peak" from "noise" in those plots?

So light intensity values are not constant. Do you have any idea how to smoothen graph according to position so that in every increasement of current the graph stays smooth.

Generic answer: use a low-pass filter…

I send snapshot of graphs in different curent values.

Real data in a real VI would be better.

You also need to define the expected result of the filter, when applied to the "11 Amper" plot data…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,282 Views)

Hi GerdW, 

position of main peak stays constant. As I know the position of it, I can distinguish it.

Best regards

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,263 Views)

Hi Michel,

As I know the position of it, I can distinguish it.

If I would only see the data from "11 Amper" then I would NOT know what you are interest in…

position of main peak stays constant.

When the position is known then all you need to do is the delete (aka replace by a know value) all other "position" data and only keep the data for the positions of interest!

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,237 Views)

Hi GerdW,

These intensity values come from light. There are two sources of light. Light which causes two main peaks come from a flame. The other part ,which I try to smoothen, come from a lamp. I must compare light intensities coming from different light sources. I want to smoothen small fluctuations in order to get two main peaks which I am interested in. Therefore I cannot delete other positions.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,221 Views)

Hi Michel,

I want to smoothen small fluctuations in order to get two main peaks which I am interested in.

When the peaks, in which you are interest, show the same "fluctuations" as noise from other light source, then it will be hard to "smoothen" the noise, but not the wanted "peaks"…

You really need to define the expected result for a signal like shown in "11 Amper"!

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,211 Views)