LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filtering white noise

Hello, I am looking for a way to filter the white noise from an input signal sine wave

I took two inputs  sine wave and white noise. I added the 2 signals and then I gave to a LMS filter. I have to get the original signal sine wave but I am getting straight line in the origin.

Please resolve this issue

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(5,798 Views)

You aren't adding white noise to anything. The merge signals does something completely different than what you think it does. The Simulate Signal should be set to generate a sine wave with white noise. You also did not attach the LMS subVI. Where did you get that and why are you using the feedback node?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(5,787 Views)

Hi.

Sorry once again,  I  had a problem with filtering white noise.

I want to eliminate white noise, finally i have to get the original signal sine wave which i am unable to get it.

Can some body explain me where is the wrong with this

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(5,749 Views)

You still did not post the LMS subVI or even try to explain where you got it. Time to ask whoever wrote it for an explanation. You are also passing data without any timing information.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(5,741 Views)

LMS sub vi

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(5,736 Views)

LMS sub vi is from the textbook

I am using the same LMs sub vi

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(5,731 Views)

Can u expalin me which filter is used for sine wave and white noise

i tried different method but i am unable to add two sub vi's

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(5,712 Views)

I used the Filter Express VI.  One of the issues that I think you are seeing is that Sine Pattern VI does not have any timing associated with it.  I added some timing and ran it through the filter VI.  I also created another loop that uses the Tones and Noise Waveform VI to do the same thing.  You should see the noise is filtered off the signal.

Brandon Treece

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(5,677 Views)

Hi ,

I am using labview 9th version, I am unable to open which you sent

Please can you send me the solved link in 9th version

Thank you so much

0 Kudos