LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Files not found after executable is created

The destination file for all of the source files is the executable, and always included is selected for all of the files.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 20
(768 Views)

Can you make a picture of the "Source Files" and "Destinations" pages ?

Can you by any change share your code ?

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 20
(761 Views)

Here are pictures of Destination Files, Source Files and Preview

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 20
(742 Views)

I'm using NI Lab View Report Generation ToolKit for Microsoft Office , Ver 1.1.4 Originally purchased for Lab View 8.6. As I am know using Lab View 2010 SP1 is it possible the older version of the tool kit is not working properly with lv 2010?

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 20
(708 Views)

I think I found a resource that describes something similar to your problem:

Why Are My Report Generation Toolkit VIs Broken or Missing After Installing a LabVIEW Update?

from the bottom of the article: 

"After building into an executable, you may also find that VIs that work fine in the development environment are not being found by the built application. The search may even be looking in the proper folder for the resource files and not finding them.

If repairing the Report Generation toolkit as detailed above does not resolve the issue, check the location of the build. Failure to locate the Report Generation VIs has been observed when building into the user.lib or other directories in the LabVIEW folder. This practice is not generally encouraged as it entangles user files with the LabVIEW source files, and building outside the directory seems to solve the problem in these cases." 

The older version of the toolkit should work with newer LabVIEW, so I don't believe it's a compatibility issue.

Tim W.

Applications Engineering

National Instruments

http://www.ni.com/support 

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 20
(691 Views)

I'm encountering the same issue, no Report Generation Tools included. I've tried installing my application on a couple of systems here that do not have labview on them and it works fine but my customer is asked for just about every file that is in the vi.lib.

Did you resolve the issue?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 20
(677 Views)

Are you sure that your customer has the LabVIEW RunTime Engine installed ? and that it is the right version ?

Are you using any tool kits / add ons ? 

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 20
(665 Views)

No toolkits, I know the correct runtime engine is installed because I personally installed the original program, which works fine. I re-did the installation program after doing a mass compile. I won't know until later today if it worked. Very frustrating.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 20
(658 Views)

So you're doing the exact same installation procedure on a customer's machine as your own machines, and neither machine has LabVIEW? And the customer's install does not work, and the install on your machines does work? If so, what are the differences between your systems and your customer's system? Are they using different operating systems? 

Colden
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 20
(650 Views)

They're the same operating systems. I'm waiting to hear from my customer, having him do a complete uninstall/install but he can't work on it until after 2 pm. I'm hoping a clean install after a new build will help.

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 20
(646 Views)