LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File permission error; NI-488: DMA hardware error detected

Hey CrackJack,

Could you take a screenshot of the error you are receiving and post it here?

Lynn

National Instruments
Senior Systems Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(3,333 Views)

Sarci1, i had a problem when opening an excel file using MS Office Report Generation vi. it apparently happened that i was writing to 2 excel

files... and Windows OS has a feature called Indexing/ FastFind, in which it tries to minimize the time required to open any file.! 

now, when LV was writing to 1 excel file, another excel file used to open coz of this FastFind and thus, produced me the DMA Hardware Error...

i disabled the Indexing/FastFind option and my error was gone....

to read more, check this 

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/D59B766D499C7DF0862564C6006AFD46?OpenDocument

Now on LabVIEW 10.0 on Win7
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(3,320 Views)

Hey CrackJack,

I'm glad to hear one of our KnowledgeBase articles was able to assist you. Best of luck with your application!

Lynn

National Instruments
Senior Systems Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(3,309 Views)

And again, same error for me also.. I've checked many post without finding anything applicable.

When trying to execute a .vi containing a call to the "read from spreadsheet function", I got the NI-488 : DMA hardware error detected.

Well, I've checked the permissions, I've checked the MS Windows indexing (turned off) but the error still stays on.

What is funny is that the .vi itself does not generate any problem when executed.

The error is only claimed when calling the .vi from TestStand.(!!!)

I'm using Labview 8.5 and Test Stand (.. I must check) on Windows XP.

Any idea? Thanks a lot for any help,

Denise

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(3,061 Views)