LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Dialog's start path input on PDA

hello,

I'm using the File Dialog function on a program executing on my PDA to prompt for a (new) directory path name.  I'd like to use the function's start path input so that the directory, by default, uses an existing directory on the PDA's memory card as its base directoryI thought the path name would be:

SD Card\LabVIEW data files\

but with this start path connected (as a constant or a control), during runtime, the dialog window defaults to Location->Main Memory (instead of Location->SD Card).  It does, however preselect the desired the start folder: Folder->LabVIEW data files.  I'm assuming something's wrong with my start path format.  I tried:

My Device\SD Card\LabVIEW data files\

but then the start path defaults to Folder->none in addition to Location->Main Memory.   I also tried starting the path name with a backslash:

\SD Card\LabVIEW data files\

but then LabVIEW automatically prepends the path name with C:.  The PDA definitely doesn't recognize that directory, so both Folder and Location default again.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?  I think I've successfully used File Dialog with the SD card inputted as the start path before, but I don't know what I did differently.

thanks,
Luan

LabVIEW 7.1
LabVIEW PDA 7.1
Pocket PC 2003 SE 
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,539 Views)

Put your path in a string Constant then use convert string to path.

\SD Card\LabVIEW data files\

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,442 Views)