From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feed files saved by labview directly to the matlab executables

Hi All,

I have 2 program 1) . Labview data acquistion program which saves the data in .Ask format into particualr directly of computer. 2). Matlab program(executable) which can take those files saved by the labview program and plots them with the analysis. Now these are two separate program, I know I can call the Matlab exe from labview but I need to go that directory manually and find those files saved by labview . Is it a way by which I can directly or automatically  feed those files to matlab exe without manually going to that folder.Please let me know.

Thanks,

Ankit G

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,902 Views)

I don't know. Can you? That's a Matlab question, not a LabVIEW question. Since you are calling a Matlab executable then presumably you can pass it command-line switches to indicate a file to load. If there are, then add that to how you're calling the Matlab executable. Which, presumably, is via System Exec.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,900 Views)