LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why getting NumericSupport.cpp(86) error?

I am upgrading a program from Labview 7.1 to Labview 2011.  After calling a Graph, it begins to read data or plot (I can't figure out which one before it crashes), then crashes.  Upon restart, I get the following error:

C:\builds\penguin\labview\components\mgcore\trunk\11.0\source\NumericSupport.cpp(86) : DAbort: ConvertNum called with non-numeric

$Id:  //labview/components/mgcore/trunk/11.0/source/NumericSupport.cpp#3  $

See the attachments for more.

Any ideas to help?  Thanks in advance.

John......

Download All
Message 1 of 3
(2,649 Views)

Hi John,

Sorry to hear that you're having these issues while migrating your code. Have you tried any of the steps listed in this KnowledgeBase article: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/01B186B5CEB1D07786256747000F4319? Particularly, steps 4 and 5 of the first section. It would also be helpful to identify precisely in the code where the crash occurs. You can try to pinpoint this by using breakpoints in the code (http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361D-01/lvhowto/breakpoints/). Can you also post your code here?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,623 Views)

John:

I don't know if you're still looking for a solution, but I just found one for a similar problem.

I was converting a program from LabView 8.2 to 2011 and kept getting the same crash you got when trying to read the Property Node of one of the graphs.

It turns out that Graphs in 8.2 have a different set of properties (X Scale range, min, max, flipped, format and precision, etc...).

I think the problem in my case was that Range used to be defined as Min, Max and Increment.  It's now defined as Increment, Max, Min, Minor Increment and Start.

Trying to use the old property node to read the properties of the new chart caused an error because the data was not formatted as expected.

To fix this, I deleted the old property node, created a new one, read the new properties in their correct format and then bundled them together as they were before.

Works perfectly. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,585 Views)