LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTDI 1-Wire Labview Vis

Currently working on the project to convert the existing OEM GUI to Labview Environment and use the labview vi in Manufacturing to fully automate the testing and eliminate the use of Maxim GUI in Manufacturing Testing.
Based on some snippet of the Maxim GUI, it uses FTDI 1-Wire drivers.

Can you share Labview drivers for FTDI 1-Wire.

Additional info:
Interface:  Maxim 17330 EV Kit Interface 
DUT: BMS with Maxim 17312 Fuel Gauge with 1-Wire Communication.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(878 Views)

Are you trying to hire a LabVIEW developer?  There is a Forum here for that purpose.  If you want to learn LabVIEW and do this job yourself, you need to provide us with more information so we can understand your problem and suggest "learning paths" for you.  Begin by letting us know what version of LabVIEW you are using (and whether you are using 32-bit LabVIEW or 64-bit LabVIEW), as well as the (NI) Hardware that you will be supporting.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(832 Views)

I am guessing that the One Wire interface is a USB device that appears as a Virtual Com Port through the FTDI drivers. Like this one: https://www.ibuttonlink.com/products/linkusbi because FTDI does not make a One Wire interface.

More information on the interface device would be helpful...

But if it is indeed using FTDI VCP drivers then the One Wire interface will appear as a Com port in Windows and LabVIEW. Therefor Windows should "ask for" the driver when you plug it in. No special driver will be needed in LabVIEW and communicating with it using VISA will be basically the same as communicating with any other instrument or device on a Com port.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(814 Views)

Not trying to hire but looking if somebody here have tried it and have a working vi.

i am using Labview 12.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(806 Views)

My apologies for not providing clear information.

we are currently using a Maxim 17330 EV kit interface to communicate to BMS with Maxim 17312 fuel gauge. The Maxim 17312 Fuel gauge communication protocol is 1-wire.

The Maxim 17312 EV Kit interface have FTDI Chip on it with a virtual com.

i can communicate to Maxim 17312 EV Kit using FTDI Labview driver thru serial communication without any issue.

the issue i am having is the communication to the BMS with Maxim 17312 Fuel Gauge 1-Wire communication.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(797 Views)