From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPGA

Hi,

i'm having problem in my FPGA program

So when i wnat to use a XY Graph i have this msg

These cannot be wired together because their data types ( numeric, string, array, cluster, etc,) do not match.  The type of source is (fixed-point . The type of the sink is Dynamic Data.

Please help me 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,088 Views)

Convert from one datatype to another.

If you'd like more specific help, then please post a more specific question.  Even more specificially, attach your VI so we can see what you are trying to do.

Message 2 of 9
(3,076 Views)

Thank you very much 

here a snapshot of my work

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,045 Views)

I asked for you to attach an actual VI, not a screen shot.  I can't poke around to play with an image.

Look on the palettes for some functions that convert fixed point numbers to floating point numbers.  Put them on the wire.  The Build XY express VI wants to use dynamic datatype wires, but it will know how to coerce a double precision floating point number to use it.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,030 Views)

You're not going to be able to use doubles on the FPGA and I would be a little surprised if you are able to compile using any dynamic data type functions, although I've never tried myself. The detailed help of the XY graph should tell you how to format the intput data but you can also look at the following help documentation.

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361J-01/lvconcepts/types_of_graphs_and_charts/

You will also have to fix the error that will come up after you fix the data mismatch of the xy graph not being a fixed array size. Even when you fix the array size, be careful not to make it too large as it requires more space on the FPGA. This seems okay for debugging but you are eventually going to want to look at using a DMA FIFO to get your data to the host computer if you want to view a stream of data. I would also work through the short videos about getting started with FPGA.

http://www.ni.com/tutorial/14532/en/

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,024 Views)

The real question here...

Why exactly do you want the XY Graph on the FPGA?  Your FPGA shouldn't have a user interface.  Putting anything on the front panel eats up resources and in this case are silly resources to waste.  What do you ACTUALLY want to do?   Get some data on the FPGA and see it on a graph on your computer?  If so, you should take a look at a way to stream the data to your PC rather than looking to create a graph on the FPGA.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,014 Views)

I didn't realize he was trying to put the graph on the actual FPGA.  That just doesn't make sense at all, so it never occurred to me that was the actual question.

Message 7 of 9
(3,003 Views)

hello

this what i want to do in first i I have 2 entrys one is tension and the other is current and i want to draw a graph that indicate evolution of (the current by tension) 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,941 Views)

But where do you want to draw the graph?

FPGA's have no graphics, so you can't display it there.

If you have a newer compactRIO, they might have a display output that is connected to the real time code running on it.  You could display it there.  Or if you have a regular PC connected to your FPGA, then you can show your graph there.

But you have to get your data into system that can display it and build your code there.  So acquire on the FPGA VI.  Build graph and display on your host system VI.

What signals are you measuring with your FPGA.  For tension, are you using a load cell?  For current, some sort of current shunt transducer?  What do you mean by "indicate evolution of "?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,932 Views)