From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPGA

Hi

I am developing a projct for a CRIO,thus created a FPGA.VI and a Host.VI.

I got the compilation succesful,after which when i run the Host.Vi,i get the attached msg.Whereas i am able to run the FPGA.vi without any errors.

Pls let mw know how to trouble shoot this.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,170 Views)

Hi krupa,

when the "out of memory" error occurs you have to strip down either your executable or the LabVIEW components installed on your cRIO!

As simple as it sounds…

You use a rather old cRIO with just 64MB of RAM. When you install the "full" Realtime environment on your target you will use something like 40-50MB of RAM due to several services started in the background. With a minimum installation I needed just 20-30MB for the RT-OS and had ~30MB free for the RTExe…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 7
(3,152 Views)

Thanks for the neat explanation.

1)Yes it is old CRIO-9073.I am using all latest drivers for it.Pls let me know if this is fine.

2)//Strip down the .exe or LV component.//You mean i have to erase the code downloaded that happened during compilation in the fpga???If so,how can i do that??

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,143 Views)

The FPGA should not be using up your memory.  The bitx file will use up some harddrive space (storage), but not memory (RAM).  It would be all of the NI components installed onto your cRIO and your RT application can need memory.  If you have large arrays or just a lot of code in your RT, you can quickly run out of memory.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,140 Views)

Once again thanks.

Could you pls tell me how exactly  i can erase the NI componenets from the CRIO??I checked online,i could not find any info.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,112 Views)

You have to do it through MAX.  Find your cRIO in the network instruments and righ-click on the Software section under that cRIO.  There will be an option to remove components.  But do be careful with this.  You need to make sure you have the components that your software needs.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 6 of 7
(3,107 Views)

Thank you both.

There were older and newer components installed together thus memory was full.I removed the older one,now my host vi runs without any errors.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,100 Views)