cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[FPGA] xilinx ise?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I'm trying to configure a xilinx coregen component and LabVIEW won't let me because 'xilinx ise is not installed with labview fpga'. I can't find a suitable download from NI. Is this an expected issue? There is of course the xilinx website, but do I need a specific version, and how do I tell? Target FPGA is Virtex-6 LX195T if that is a factor. LabVIEW 2013.

http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/210629

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,289 Views)
Solution
Accepted by ToeCutter

Hey ToeCutter,

Do you have the LabVIEW 2013 FPGA Module Xilinx Tools installed locally? That includes Xilinx's coregen component, which is what you'll need to configure their IP. If you're dropping some of the IP from the LabVIEW FPGA palette, it should 'just work'.

Cheers!

TJ G
Message 2 of 8
(3,244 Views)

Hi,

As T-REX mentioned you will need to have the Xilinx toolchain installed locally for the Xilinx coregen IP to work

You can find the link to the Xilinx tools 14.4 here:

http://www.ni.com/download/labview-fpga-module-2013/4248/en/

Thanks and Regards,

Thanks and Regards,
Supreeth.K

Message 3 of 8
(3,216 Views)

Thanks a lot gentlemen, that was the problem.

I had the 10.(something) tools installed but not the 14.4. Why couldn't the error message just say 'you need xilinx tool 14.4'? 🙂

Cheers

ToeCutter

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,208 Views)

Forgot to circle back on this: I filed a bug report on the poor error message. If you want to check on it's status in future versions of LabVIEW, contact our support team and mention CAR #458043.

Cheers!

TJ G
Message 5 of 8
(3,149 Views)

Thanks, T-REX! Was going to do it myself but I couldn't see where to raise a bug report?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,129 Views)

Well, the only real way to report a bug (for customers) is through our support team in Applications Engineering. Since I work at NI, I just filed one to the correct R&D team.

Cheers!

TJ G
Message 7 of 8
(3,098 Views)

Thanks for the info, T.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,095 Views)