cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPGA target not shown in NI Max

Solved!
Go to solution

HI guys ,

First of all i want to say i fairy new to cRio , particularly cRIO-9045.

Recently i came across to a such device and i would like to develop real time application on this machine but the first issue i got is that when i open the Ni Max i am able to connect with the rack via ethernet cable but under Device and Interface i can't see by FPGA target and the boards in the rack.

As software i have installed  , LabVIEW , LabVIEW FPGA ,LabVIEW real time and cRio drivers drivers but still not able to detect the setup .

Please find attached a print screen of my Ni Max

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(1,395 Views)

Hi Bobo,

@Bobo083 wrote:

the first issue i got is that when i open the Ni Max i am able to connect with the rack via ethernet cable but under Device and Interface i can't see by FPGA target and the boards in the rack.

You will not see them in MAX.

You can see/configure them in your LabVIEW project once you add your target to the project!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(1,394 Views)

Actually after i have formatted the cRio and install software again i can see it in the NI Max, now i got into another issue where when I try to add the target into a project under Labview2020 i can see the target and able to add to the project but when I try the same thing with a project in LabVIEW 2021 under Add targets and Devices i can not see available the option real Time Compact Rio , Please see attached photo for Lw2020 vs Lw2021. 

Which software / driver i miss?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(1,352 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Bobo083

Hi gera,

did you install all needed drivers for both LabVIEW versions?

You need the Realtime and FPGA module, and all those cRIO drivers/support packages. And LabVIEW should be the 32bit version...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(1,344 Views)

And you need to install drivers including CompactRIO AFTER installation of LabVIEW itself. The driver needs to install specific files into LabVIEW and only does so for installed LabVIEW versions. In addition the driver needs to be the same or newer version than the LabVIEW version you want to use with it. So for LabVIEW 2021 you need CompactRIO 21.x and drivers only support the equivalent LabVIEW version and 3 prior ones.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(1,329 Views)

i have just install Labview 32 bits and CompactRio drivers and now everything looks fine and working

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(1,304 Views)