cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPGA module version for LabView 2017 myRIO

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

As my previous experience that LabView is version sensitive, so I have a question about FPGA module version for LabView 2017 myRIO.

I realize that I do not have the LabView FPGA module installed when I see this:

dopamod_1-1626871279586.png

It does not have the FPGA Target (RIO0, myRIO-1900) as below:

dopamod_2-1626871317009.png

So I conclude that I do not have the FPGA module installed. Then I tried to find the FPGA module version 17, but it cannot be downloaded as shown below. My question if I can use the 2020 version which I can download. Is it version sensitive too?

dopamod_0-1626871223913.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,636 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author dopamod

Hi dopamod,

@dopamod wrote:

So I conclude that I do not have the FPGA module installed. Then I tried to find the FPGA module version 17, but it cannot be downloaded as shown below.

that FPGA module for LV2017(SP1) can be downloaded - as soon as you have paid for an active SSP subscription! (As written in your image!)

AFAIK you need to install the RT/FPGA module suitable for your LabVIEW version: so it should be the LV2017(SP1) version of that module.

Your other option is to download the whole LV2020(SP1) package with RT and FPGA module included and install all of that: most probably you will use the trial version in this case for some days (until you extend the trial period by calling NI or pay for the full license)…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 3
(1,612 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author dopamod

I mainly agree with GerdW (I do that a lot!), but will add a few more points.

• The myRIO is a LabVIEW -Real Time device, so you need a compatible version of LabVIEW Real-Time with the version of LabVIEW you are using for development.
  • You will also want LabVIEW Real-Time Drivers for the same LabVIEW Version.
  • You want a version of the FPGA Compiler that is compatible with your LabVIEW Version.  I might be mistaken, but I believe that (for example) LabVIEW 2019 requires the 2017 version of the Vivado compiler.
  • You might want to do myRIO development in LabVIEW 2019 rather than LabVIEW 2020, as there is a myRIO Software Toolkit for LabVIEW 2019, but none for LabVIEW 2020.  I expect there to be such a Toolkit for LabVIEW 2021.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,554 Views)