From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPGA front panel control initial state

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

How can I define the initial state of an FPGA front panel control (the state the control is in when the bitfile is loaded, before the host has a chance to write to the control)? I tried using a property node for the value, but I get an error message that this node is not supported for an FPGA target. The properties of the control itself do not have an entry for a default state or an initial value.

Thanks,

JD

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,198 Views)

You can use local variables.

Certified LabVIEW Architect, Certified Professional Instructor
ALE Consultants

Introduction to LabVIEW FPGA for RF, Radar, and Electronic Warfare Applications
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,179 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jditte

The initial value is what is on the front panel. If you want to change it, enter a new value, then right-click the control and select Data operations -> Make current value default. For arrays you can also set their size through the right-click menu.

Certified LabVIEW Architect
Unless otherwise stated, all code snippets and examples provided
by me are "as is", and are free to use and modify without attribution.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,174 Views)

Thank you, Michael! This seems to work. I wasn't sure initially. Whenever you have the FPGA front panel open on the development machine, the control would immediately be set to whatever is currently selected there. When I don't have the front panel open, however, and I read the state of the control from the (RT) host, it accurately reflects what has been set with "Make current value default".

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,115 Views)