cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPGA front panel control initial state

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

How can I define the initial state of an FPGA front panel control (the state the control is in when the bitfile is loaded, before the host has a chance to write to the control)? I tried using a property node for the value, but I get an error message that this node is not supported for an FPGA target. The properties of the control itself do not have an entry for a default state or an initial value.

Thanks,

JD

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,204 Views)

You can use local variables.

Certified LabVIEW Architect, Certified Professional Instructor
ALE Consultants

Introduction to LabVIEW FPGA for RF, Radar, and Electronic Warfare Applications
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,185 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jditte

The initial value is what is on the front panel. If you want to change it, enter a new value, then right-click the control and select Data operations -> Make current value default. For arrays you can also set their size through the right-click menu.

Certified LabVIEW Architect
Unless otherwise stated, all code snippets and examples provided
by me are "as is", and are free to use and modify without attribution.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,180 Views)

Thank you, Michael! This seems to work. I wasn't sure initially. Whenever you have the FPGA front panel open on the development machine, the control would immediately be set to whatever is currently selected there. When I don't have the front panel open, however, and I read the state of the control from the (RT) host, it accurately reflects what has been set with "Make current value default".

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,121 Views)