From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPGA Read/Write Control Issues

Hello all!  Rather new to using FPGA, but I have an interesting issue that's popping up.

Currently pulling in RAW voltage data from a set of sensors (Pressure Transducers, Load Cells, etc) through a cRIO DAQ.  Have the FPGA file setup to pull in that data already and have the main VI and all the sub-VIs working just fine.

What I'm trying to do is save the raw voltage data (TDMS files) on the lower level and the convert and display on the upper level so that I don't have to convert and save (speed up saving data).  So that leaves 3 distinct levels/sections:

1. On FPGA that pulls in the raw data
  2. On FPGA that saves the raw data
  3. Main VI that does all the controls/conversions/displays etc.

Number two is where I'm having an issue.  I want to save all the data in parallel so I'm creating a save FPGA for each I/O device (8 Relays to command solenoid valves, 3 Pressure Transducers, 1 Load Cell, 4 Thermocouples).  To do this I want to create a separate VI for each device (not sure if that's a smart thing to do).

The issue I'm having is when I use the FPGA Read/Write control to read in from the Target and save to the TDMS.  When I only use a single FPGA target reference the lines are broken, but as soon as I switch to two targets, it now works.

Any reason why it might be doing this?  Any ideas/suggestions at all on how to go about setting this up in general?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,226 Views)

As a heads up, the error I keep running into is:

"Polymorphic Termicnal cannot accept this data type"

Data type I'm trying to pass in is a 'double'.  However as soon as I build an array of at two or larger, it somehow works (still of type 'double').

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,223 Views)

Hi,

@HySoR wrote:

The issue I'm having is when I use the FPGA Read/Write control to read in from the Target and save to the TDMS.  When I only use a single FPGA target reference the lines are broken, but as soon as I switch to two targets, it now works.

Could you take a screenshot and post this part of your code? I'm having trouble understanding what you are describing.

Craig H. | CLA CTA CLED | Applications Engineer | NI Employee 2012-2023
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,200 Views)