LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPGA, RT and cRIO

I strongly doubt that you achieve a sample rate of 1 MS/s with this design.

As stated in this KB the maximum sample rate for a 9223 module using the I/O node is 350 kS/s.

There is a very good example in the NI example finder of how to use the 9223 with 1 MS/s. Just search for 9223 and open the project "NI 9223 User-Controlled IO Sampling.lvproj".

Regards, Jens

Kudos are welcome...
Message 11 of 18
(684 Views)

Hi GerdW

Thank you very much for the info. This is my first time using FPGA, RT, FIFO please bare with me.

I made all the changes that you suggested but I am still getting the same error.

Attached find ZIp file for the project  (please note: RT application = RT_b and FPGA application = FPGA_b)

In FPGA_b

I am still trying to understand how to design a case structure to execute based on rising edge of the the TTL but not sure what input from Mod1/DIO4 (in the software) should be fed into it

Thanks again.

Best regards

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 18
(668 Views)

Jay,

Are you trying to achieve something similar to what is being done in this example program?

https://forums.ni.com/t5/Example-Programs/Counter-and-Digital-Edge-Detector-Using-FPGA-with-LabVIEW/...

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 18
(652 Views)

Hi,

It is different from what I want

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 18
(642 Views)

Hi Jen,

This solution seems to work except one issue. Yes 9223 acquire data at 1 MS/s rate. However, RT application takes 38 ms to run which slows down data acquisition for my next trigger signal. Is there any suggestion to spped time for RT loop to 2 ms because the time difference between consecutive trigger signals is 2 ms 

Appreciate your help!

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 18
(633 Views)

@JayanthaS wrote:

This solution seems to work except one issue.

What solution are you referring to?  You didn't attach anything.  Or should we be looking at your previous posting of your code?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 18
(629 Views)

I am following Jen's ussgesion here.

I am using "NI 9223 User-Controlled IO Sampling.lvproj" example to acquire data in rate of 1 MS/s. Using the RT application (in this example) I can get 1000 sample in 1 ms - This great. However I want to proceed this ~ every 2 ms (when ever I receive a trigger signal). The bottleneck is execution time for above RT is 38 ms therefore I cannot start the data collection for my next trigger signal on time. Is there a way to reduce the execution time for above RT application in the example. One though is do I need  to run "open fpga vi reference" each time RT application starts

Hope you could help with this

Thanks.

Jayantha

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 18
(618 Views)

Hi Jayantha,

do I need  to run "open fpga vi reference" each time RT application starts

Yes - as you need the FPGA reference to enable communication with your FPGA…

What about this:

check.png

Read the FIFOs in parallel, and read the FIFO states with just one node…

Btw. all your FPGA VIs contain quite senseless code: why do you stop the FPGA basic routine after putting just 1000 samples into the FIFO? Usually the FPGA code will run forever!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 18
(609 Views)