• PXIe-1078 Chassis
  • PXIe-8135 Embedded Controller
  • PXIe-7961R FPGA x2
  • NI 5751 IO Module x2
  • LabVIEW Real-Time 13.0.1
  • NI-DAQmx 15.1.1
  • NI-RIO 15.5
  • NI PXI Platform Services 14.1.0

In NI Max, the FPGA and 5751 Adapter Modules show up as present. But in my LabVIEW project, the IO Modules always show an errors. I choose the correct "NI 5751" option, but the status always shows this:

Capture.PNG

I have tried restarting the chassis and computer. I've tried selecting a different IO Module and then switching back. I am also unable to compile example code on the FPGA (Xilinx errors).

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,222 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author BLittle

The status tells you what adapter module the bitfile that is currently on the fpga module expects. The reason it says none is probably because you haven't deployed anything to this fpga target since it powered up and it just has the default image loaded onto it. Try deploying a bitfile to it that was compiled to work with a 5751 and you'll be fine.

I'm not sure why you're unable to compile the 5751 getting started example though. I"d make sure you have all the compile tools correctly installed. What errors are you getting when you are trying to compile? Issues like this are sometimes easier to resolve over the phone if you want to open a support ticket at ni.com/support.

Message 2 of 3
(3,207 Views)

That was it! Thanks. It took me a while to get a .lvbitx file for the 5751. And I had to make sure it was set to "Autoload VI on device reboot." But now it works!

As far as the FPGA Compile errors, I had to update my .NET version, and this post helped too:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/fpga-vi-compilation-error/td-p/2598319

Thanks again for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,171 Views)