From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPGA I/O node: you have connected two terminals of different types

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi everyone, not long ago I took over a project from a senior. There is a very obvious problem with one labview program that I got --- when it comes to the FPGA I/O nodes, it always warns: you have connected two terminals of different types : .... However, in another different but similar vi,everything is OK. 

To be honest, I am not very familiar with the FPGA I/O nodes and even the labview language. It can't be better if there is someone who would like to give me some tips. 

微信截图_20190215195737.png微信截图_20190215195838.png

(I'm sorry that there is something wrong with that computer' USB interfaces and no Internet is available so I have to take the photos)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,135 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author kanemo

Are you working within the context of a project?  Do you have the VI under the RT or FPGA part of the project tree?   Do you have those I/O Nodes defined in the project tree?

It looks like the kind of thing that might happen when the VI doesn't know what those nodes are because you didn't open it up in the context of the project.  The wires become that black "void" undefined type.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,110 Views)

Thanks for your reply! It seems that you hit the target! What I opened is a single file(.vi) and those red cross appear, but when I open the .lvproj, everything is okay. I'll later discussed with my senior. If you are indeed right, then I will take your answer as the correct one.

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,099 Views)