From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPGA Digital Input Negative Voltage

Solved!
Go to solution

What is the maximum negative voltage that the digital input on the FPGA can take without damaging it? I tried to look in the datasheet for the sRio 9636 and I can't find it.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,944 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Bertha

Hi Bertha,

The sbRIO-9636 has DIO only on the DIO (J502) and MIO (J503) connectors. This is a little different from other sbRIO-96xx variants in that others may have an RMC connector that has additional DIO.

The DIO and MIO 50-Pin IDC connectors are 3.3V pins, but they are 5V tolerant inputs as we have some protection on the IDC connector DIO. The VIL and VIH values are specified in the datasheet:

ss1.PNG

http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/373378d.pdf

These are the recommended operating conditions. If you are needing to know the maximum negative voltage to determine if your undershoot is acceptible, that number at an absolute minimum is -500 mV. I would recommend you choosing appropriate series termination resistors at your driver to minimize the undershoot, however. The same absolute minimum also applies to the 3.3V RMC DIO as well. 

Tannerite
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,928 Views)