LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPGA - Convolution interleaver

Can anyone help me in understating the logic of convolution interleaver in labview FPGA 

(without inbuilt function[ci])

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(1,416 Views)

Hi Harish,

please provide an example VI to illustrate your problem!

(And please don't spam me/us with private messages. Post your questions in the public board!)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 7
(1,342 Views)

i didnt have any vi i just asked the concept in fpga

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(1,327 Views)

Which concept?

More input required.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(1,323 Views)

I am relatively proficient with LabVIEW FPGA but any built-in function called convolution interleaver is unknown to me. I am however not even familiar with the concept.

I Googled it and found this page: https://surf-vhdl.com/how-to-implement-a-convolutional-interleaver/

Is this what you are asking for? If I understand correctly a convolution interleaver rearranges the bit order before streaming the data on some communication link in order to make the communication link less receptible to errors. Implementing such a technique in LabVIEW FPGA is quite doable, one could even just follow the VHDL code provided in the link.

But I am afraid I don’t have any solution to share.

Message 5 of 7
(1,316 Views)

in normal labview we may decimate into subpart and access them and we can add some interleaving bits 

but since in fpga i can access only in one by one element right?

so how the conceot changes

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(1,311 Views)

I am afraid I don't fully understand you.

Are you asking about specific implementation techniques? It's hard for me to answer since I don't fully understand your specific problem nor your algorithm. And as I said I have never implemented any convolution interleaver in LabVIEW myself.

But if the link I provided matches what you want to do I would probably follow what is depicted in Figure 2. I would take the data from host using a host-to-target FIFO, reading each byte from that FIFO and then send each bit through a case structure with four diffrent cases where each case would correspond to a different delay. Or something like that.

Figure 2 – Simplified convolutional interleaver architecture.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(1,305 Views)