From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FP - Select an area to print as image

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a front panel which has two distinct areas - one area has controls and indicators for user. The other has a Graph / Chart and one or more string indicators that define the graph or chart. 

I want to print only the selected area of the FP as in the image below. Which is easiest way to accomplish this ?  ( There is this Easy Print.VI ,  but that prints the whole FP ) 

Sample FP.PNG

Raghunathan
LabVIEW to Automate Hydraulic Test rigs.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(1,248 Views)
Solution
Accepted by MogaRaghu

You could make a front panel image, crop it, save it and add it to a report.

snip.png

Message 2 of 7
(1,216 Views)

Building off of what RamonG has shown, if the portion you want to print is in a cluster, you can use 'Append Control Image to Report' function instead of cropping.

Message 3 of 7
(1,210 Views)

@Mancho00

Thanks for the tip !

Raghunathan
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(1,184 Views)

@RamonG

It works well and I like that instant display of the image on the browser !

The only point I am still struggling is the values to enter into the rect cluster so that i get exactly what I want as an image.  Any ideas how to do that apart from simple trial and error ? 

Thanks

Raghunathan
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(1,153 Views)
Solution
Accepted by MogaRaghu

Hi MogaRaghu,

If you want to keep your controls separate as they are now, you can save he image without cropping. Open it in MS Paint and write down the Left, Top, Bottom, Right coordinates and enter these values for your crop. Every time you rearrange the front panel you will need to change the coordinates accordingly.

snip crop.png

However, if you go the way Mancho00 suggested and put everything in a cluster all you need is a reference and you are done. Changing the contents of cluster might require you make a new reference but resizing the cluster will not be a problem.

snip cluster.png

Message 6 of 7
(1,149 Views)

Thanks a lot. Its real simple now !!

Raghunathan
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(1,113 Views)