From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FP.Close doesn't close application.

Solved!
Go to solution

What happens when you have 2 LV EXEs open.  Quit 1 resulting in Quit LabVIEW; then what happens to app 2 which is open?  Does RTE die?  This is not a good situation...

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(1,058 Views)

Nothing quite like somebody replying to a thread that has been idle for 4 years...

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(1,046 Views)

Waste not want not..

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(1,042 Views)

Since you think that having the RTE die is not good, it might make sense to you that others would think the same and that it wouldn't work like that. If you want to know the answer, why don't you try it?

(1,015 Views)

Nothing quite like somebody replying to a thread that has been idle for 4 years...

Check out "Half Duplex in LabVIEW?".

Two posts in Aug 1999, and one today. 

Steve Bird
Culverson Software - Elegant software that is a pleasure to use.
Culverson.com

Blog for (mostly LabVIEW) programmers: Tips And Tricks

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(1,001 Views)

Well actually I did read this entire thread and it appeared unresolved.  It also brought me to Tst's Idea in the Exchange which is still current so I gave it a kudos.  Therefore being experienced enough in this forum I did decide to continue it with a comment.  In fact for people such as myself researching a topic further comment and solutions can be helpful.  I even give kudos to old posts which are helpful so dont complain 😉

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(995 Views)