From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FM down converter in LabView. How?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello NI Developers!

I have Frequency Modulated (FM) Signal, with carrier frequency 1000Hz and message signal frequency 20Hz. I want to downconvert FM signal frequency to 200Hz. I searched through the forum and google and didn't find anything where would be at least algorithms or Math equations. How to downconvert FM signal?

The aim is down convert signal to low frequencies where it is easier to filter from noise.

Thank you in advance! 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,275 Views)

Hello,

You could try using the Scale Delta t VI (Functions >> Programming >> Waveform). As the help says, "Multiplies the delta t component of the waveform by the specified scale factor. Generally, this lengthens or shortens the sample rate of the waveform." 

You could also take a look at the  Resample Waveforms (continuous) VI (Functions >> Signal Processing >> Waveform Conditioning. 

I hope this helps.

Vivek Nath
National Instruments
Applications Engineer

Machine Vision
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,229 Views)

I needed to shift signal spectrum in frequency domain - to DC. Not changing sampling rate.

I already solved this problem - simply by multiplying Signal with COS(w0t);   where w0 - Signal carrier frequency.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,203 Views)
Solution
Accepted by ACiDuser
This is my problem solution. An example of Digital Down-Converter for FM Signal. Note: That any other signals can be downconverted too.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,117 Views)