From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FFT plot

Solved!
Go to solution

hi

i am trying to plot a FFT of signal to find diffrent frequency of non periodic signal.

kindly help to plot Frequency Vs. Amplitude.

attached file have time Vs amplitude data

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,278 Views)

The Freq. indicator does not indicate frequency.  Read the Detailed Help file for Buneman Frequency Estimator.vi  The beta output must be scaled by df = fs/N = 1/(dt*N) where df is the frequency increment, dt is the time interval between successive samples, and N is the number of samples or the size of the array. When I scale the result appropriately for your data, I get 3254.48 Hz which apears to be reasonable.

To get a spectral plot you can use any of the Spectral or FFT VIs. In any case you will need to scale the result by the timing just as is required for the Frequency Estimator.

Lynn

Spectrum.png

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,247 Views)

hi

can you teach me, that how you have program in block diagram panel.

it will be great help for me

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,225 Views)

Other than cleaning up some of the code I changed two items.

dt is calculated from the difference of the first two elements of the time data array.

The spectrum is calculated from the amplitude array by Amplitude and Phase Spectrum.vi. A property node is used to scale the X-axis to frequency.

Lynn

Message 4 of 7
(4,212 Views)

hi

the graph you have shown in picture form provided data is not showing same result as  in your last uploaded VI

kindly check it again.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,186 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author hussey

Is this what you are seeing?

Complete Spectrum.png

The image I posted previously is the same graph and the same data, only the maximum of the X-axis scale was changed to 100000 from 100000000.  Just select the maximum value with the typing tool and enter the new value. This does not change the data in any way. It only changes the portion of the data which is visible in the display.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,169 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author hussey

Yes 

exactly

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,163 Views)